Friday, February 23, 2007

Pamela Anderson Turns Down Fashion Show Invite

Anderson declined his invite, including an offer to create her a bespoke outfit for the occasion, because he uses animal pelts in his collection.

In her open letter back to Julian she thanked him for the invite but declined and urged him to watch her educational video for PETA which is featured on their website. She wrote: "Dear Julian, unfortunately I won't be in London for Fashion Week, but I truly appreciate the invitation to your show and your kind offer of creating an outfit for me. I'm hoping you can extend your kindness to include animals. If you stop using fur, I'd be thrilled to attend a show of yours in the future. Please watch my video about the fur trade on peta.org.uk."

The actress praised Julian for his talent, saying "You're such a wonderful, talented designer, and I know you can come up with killer fashions that don't kill anything. My friends at PETA and I would love to hear from you should you decide to go fur-free. Best of luck at Fashion Week, and kindest regards, Pamela."

Pamela is a dedicated spokesperson for PETA and has been involved in a number of anti-fur demonstrations on behalf of the group.

At the London Fashion Week in February last year MacDonald and show opener Paris Hilton were showered in flour by PETA as they went to an after-show party in Mayfair.

No comments: