Monday, March 17, 2008

Halle Berry: It's A Girl

Halle Berry: It's A Girl
Actress Halle Berry is overwhelmed with joy by the arrival of her daughter, who was born at 10:17 AM on Sunday morning at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.

Just the day before, a very pregnant-looking Halle was spotted shopping at The Malibu Colony Company in Malibu, but now she "is doing great," her rep confirmed.

According to an insider for Star, "Halle was overcome with emotion when she finally held her little girl. She said everything she had gone through was worth that moment. The tears kept coming as Halle didn’t even want the nurses to take her baby to clean her up and measure. It was a truly beautiful scene."

The Oscar-winning actress, who recent claimed she wanted to "stay pregnant forever," and her model boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, welcomed their first daughter together. The baby girl's name is yet to be released, but not so long ago Berry told InStyle magazine that their child would take his father's last name.

"I may only do this one time, so I want this moment to be as big as it can be," she told the magazine. "I want the biggest bang I can possibly imagine."

The 41-year-old "X-Men" star, who met Aubry, 32, in November 2005 during a Versace photo shoot in Los Angeles, announced she was expecting in September last year.

"I’ve accomplished things I never thought I would," she said at the time. "Now my sights are set on a different chapter in my life, which is motherhood. That’s the goal I have very clearly set for myself."

Over the years, Berry made no secret in her desire to become a mother but said she was convinced motherhood was for her after playing the role of a mother in her latest movie "Things We Lost in the Fire."

"I think it validated that I was meant to be a mother because every day I dealt with the character as a mother and thinking as a mother," Berry told Oprah Winfrey on her show last year. "It let me know that I must be a mother."

Unlike most pregnant women, Halle confessed that despite her pregnancy she felt "fantastic" thanks to eating right and keeping fit with yoga, swimming, light weights and an elliptical machine. "Right now I just have so much joy and energy," she told InStyle magazine. "I can just go and go and go."









Your Ad Here

No comments: