Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jamie Lynn Spears has been Engaged

Pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey AldridgePregnant Jamie Lynn Spears and her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge, have apparently gotten engaged, according to several online reports.

Aldridge's cousin, Tina Robinson, reportedly confirmed the news to UsMagazine.com.

"He proposed a few days ago, and she accepted," Robinson reportedly said. Robinson told the site she hadn't seen a ring and wasn't certain whether they would marry before or after their baby is born.

Access Hollywood reported that a "source close to the Spears family" said that getting married "has been [Jamie Lynn's] goal," and E! online reported that she had been seen in her hometown of Kentwood, Louisiana, wearing what appeared to be an engagement ring, but on the wrong hand. Access Hollywood's source reportedly added that Jamie was "dead set [on getting married] from the beginning" and has gone "head to head" with her parents over the issue, the source added. "She's been asking [her parents]" to marry him for some time, and he has repeatedly asked her parents."

People.com reported that "a source" confirmed the engagement on Tuesday.

MTV News' requests for comment from Spears' reps had not been answered at press time.

The 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star, who got her GED in February, caused considerable controversy with the announcement in December that she and Aldridge, 18, are expecting their first child, which is due this summer. (Head here for reactions from fans and celebrities, and people in her hometown.)

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," Spears told OK! magazine at the time. "I was in complete and total shock, and so was [Aldridge]. As soon as I found out for sure from the doctor, I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody. Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me."

According to the interview, Jamie Lynn confirmed the pregnancy through a home test. She later paid a visit to the doctor, who corroborated the news. She said she revealed the news to her parents shortly before Thanksgiving.





Your Ad Here

No comments: