Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Heather Mills justifies fur coat pull on


Heather Mills

London, Mar 13: Animal rights activist Heather Mills has justified her public appearance in a mink fur coat some years ago, after photos of her wearing the ensemble were published recently.

The estranged wife of Beatle’s legend Sir Paul McCartney, who is now an anti-fur campaigner, said that she had worn the coat that belonged to her mum, who died a few days before the incident, so that she could feel close to her.

“The coat belonged to my mother, who had sadly died just a few days earlier and I wore it as it made me feel close to her,” The Mirror quoted Mills, as stating on her website.

Mills also said that she did not feel guilty of wearing a fur garment, for she was really young then.

The 39-year-old, mum of one, also said that at that time she wasn’t a vegan or an anti-fur activist, and that she was oblivious about the brutality inflicted on animals in fur trade.

"I am not ashamed I wore it. At the time I was not a vegetarian and was not an anti-fur campaigner. I was extremely young and not aware of issues surrounding the fur trade,” she added.

No comments: